WHO WE ARE
We welcome YOU to a community who loves God, and who is passionate about serving the community. We are eager to spread the Good News of Christ, and to help you connect with a God who loves you. All of us have had the experience of visiting a church for the first time, and St. Paul’s wants your first experience to be one where you feel welcome.
- We value God our Creator, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We value the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
- We value meaningful worship and small group studies that will impact the lives of our members and the surrounding community.
- We value building personal relationships with God, our families and friends, and our community.
- We value the ability to help others by sharing our time, talents, and treasures.
- We value the differences among our members by working together for the glory of God.
- We have a pastor who offers a scripture-based, inspirational message every Sunday.
- We are a church where everyone feels that they are part of a family. If someone is in need, we are there for them.
- We want to extend a warm welcome to everyone who worships with us!
- We have a pastor who knows the name of every person in the congregation, and who is there for everyone in need.
- We want to provide you the opportunity to create relationships and be surrounded by people who care for you.
- We are very active in helping those in need in our surrounding community.
OUR CHURCH'S VISION
In our understanding of how God sees our future, we use the word CONNECT.
Philippians 2: 2 – 4 “…then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others.”
Romans 12: 5 – 8 “…so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a person’s gift is prophesying, let them use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let them serve; if it is teaching, let them teach; if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let them give generously; if it is leadership, let them govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.”
CONSIDERING CHURCH MEMBERSHIP?
JOIN US! IT’S EASY!
The process of joining St. Paul’s church family is very simple. When you identify yourself as a visitor in our worship services, you will receive a thank you for sharing your faith with us. If you are interested in learning more about St. Paul’s, we encourage you to contact the church office at 815-459-5096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be directed to a member of our Evangelism Ministry who will answer any questions you may have.
If you decide to join, you will be encouraged to attend our Prospective Members Inquirers’ Sessions, which are held in the spring and in the fall. At the conclusion of the sessions, you will be introduced to the congregation on New Members Sunday.
Sunday morning services are presently on-line and begin at 10:30 am. We hope to soon be back together, but until then please join us on our live stream.
UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST
Our faith is 2,000 years old. Our thinking is not.
We believe in God’s continuing testament. This is why we are committed to hearing God’s ancient story anew and afresh in our lives and in the world today. We try to remain attentive to God’s creative movement in the world. Religion and science are not mutually exclusive, and your head and heart are both welcomed into our places of worship. We prepare our members and leaders to be engaged in ministry in the present and future church, and we embrace all kinds of communities and new modes of thinking. Why? Because God is still speaking,
No matter who you are or where you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.
We believe in extravagant welcome. This is why we insist that God’s communion table is open, not closed, and God’s gift and claim in baptism are irrevocable. We advocate justice for all. Our congregations extend hospitality as a sign of God’s inclusive love. We teach that evangelism — offering bread to those in search of it — is God’s mission. Our perspective is global, not provincial. We work with — not against — people of other faiths. Why? Because God is still speaking,
Never place a period where God has placed a comma.
We believe the church’s mission is to change lives — individually, systemically and globally. We work to make transformation possible, but trust in God’s grace. This is why we insist that churches must be places of vitality in worship, learning and advocacy. We are committed to working for justice, and we believe that lives are changed through global experiences and friendships. Why? Because God is still speaking,
We are a member of the United Church of Christ.
To find out more about the United Church of Christ, click below!